Saturday, March 16, 2013

Chico Update!

    Sorry to everyone that I haven't really keeping in touch very much! I wanted to write a quick update about what I've been doing during my time here in my DTS for anyone who was wondering :)
It's been a crazy couple of months here, I really could not have expected God to do so much in my life.        We have had some really amazing speakers come to teach our class. We have a new speaker come every week and some of the subjects they have taught on recently are: Relationships, Spiritual Warfare, and Supernatural Ministry. I've been learning so much about how much love God has for me and what He wants to do through me not only through classes but through some of the other stuff we have been doing here too. It has become almost common for me when the Holy Spirit manifests now. This past week as we were able to learn about and practice a lot of the ways God works and His spiritual gifts has been INCREDIBLE! We were able to practice prophecy, healing, and tongues and it was amazing how God can really move even in a class room setting! God even spoke to me in an audible voice last week too, which has never happened to me before, and He told me to focus on Him and He has been showing me how important and valuable I am to Him and how much He desires for my heart to be seeking Him fully.
 Also something I have been spending a lot of my time doing lately is preparing for my outreach! For those that still don't know, in April I will be going to Honduras, Nicaragua, and Costa Rica! My team will mostly be working with the Mizkito Indians doing different types of ministry. Just from seeing how God is already using my team here I am super excited to see what He will do in Central America! Every week here in Chico we do some type of local outreach so we are already able to put into practice some of the things God has been doing in our lives. We've done street evangelism, visited various churches and schools in Chico doing prayer walks and ministering, and we helped with Habitat for Humanity last week.
     God has been seriously blessing my Spanish during this time too! It's still not perfect but I've been able to translate in front of churches and schools a few times during some of our outreaches. I'm really thankful God has been helping me with it because I know it will be a really helpful tool in Central America.
    Thanks for reading! God bless! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment